Alaska Rainbow Adventures for nearly two decades has been the leading provider of Alaska float fishing trips. Their deluxe Alaska float trip packages are as close to staying at an Alaska fishing lodge as you will find while floating an wilderness Alaska river and feature expedition quality rafts, experienced friendly guides, deluxe camps and meals. Alaska Rainbow Adventures offers three different float trip packages - Fisherman's Deluxe, Standard Deluxe, and Intimate River.
Each of these options offer a different level of service with the least expensive being the "intimate rivers" package utilizing smaller rafts, expedition style tents, and fewer amenities then the two deluxe trips. Availability depends on the particular river you choose to float. On some waters all three service levels are available, on others due to accessibility and logistics, only the "intimate rivers" version is an option. Alaska Rainbow Adventures operates float trips on a variety of Alaskan waters including: Goodnews River, Alagnak River, Togiak River, Moraine Creek, American Creek, Lake Creek, Talachulitna River, Stuyahok River, the Koktuli River and others.
Accommodations on the deluxe & fisherman's deluxe river trips are in spacious 10 x 10 tents. Each are used to house two anglers, are tall enough to stand in and provide you ample space for your gear, as well as a comfortable retreat should the weather become inclement. Alaska Rainbow Adventures also provides cots and sleeping pads, a welcome luxury after a day of fishing. Showers and toilet facilities are among the extra amenities on the deluxe trips. Spacious dining tents are also featured on all trips for those times when the weather may be inclement or the bugs are out.
Meals are served home style and offer generous portions of traditional entrees prepared with choice cuts of meat, vegetables and fresh fish. These come with all the trimmings. At midday, a hearty lunch is prepared on the bank. Snacks and cookies are also available. You are invited to make menu suggestions for your trip and Alaska Rainbow Adventures tries to accommodate them whenever possible. Filtered water is provided throughout the trip.
Your trip starts upon arrival into Anchorage’s Ted Stevens International Airport (ANC), where you will then take a short flight to King Salmon, Dillingham, Illiamna or Bethel for your charter flight. Upon arrival to the airports listed, you will board a smaller charter float plane that will transfer you to your launching point with Alaska Rainbow Adventures.
In Anchorage, you will take your flight out to King Salmon, Dillingham, Bethel or Illiamna typically on the morning of your float trip departure day. For many anglers, an overnight in Anchorage is required prior to your trip start date.
Rates and package inclusions vary depending on the river, trip duration, and other variables. Please call Fly Out Travel for pricing.
• Intimate Rivers Trips available on an limited basis Call for information / status for the trip you are interested in.
• Prices are per person double occupancy and are subject to change without notice and do not include park fees.
• Please call for availability / dates and trip start and end location information. The addition of at least one day is recommended but not required for trips starting after September 1st due to the shorter amount of daylight available this time of the year as it can cut into the amount of fishing time. Extra days run 300.00 per angler.
• Most trips are limited to eight guests at a time in mixed groups but most trips average six persons. Alaska Rainbow Adventures do offer custom trips and dates for larger groups up to twelve traveling together on some waters.
• For groups smaller then eight persons wishing to remain private there is a 50% of trip price additional fee, otherwise we reserve the right to fill any trip with up to eight guests unless you have paid for private status.
• The staff and guides are tipped a lump sum that is distributed equally to all guides and staff by the lead guide. We recommend approximately 80.00 per day depending on your perception of the service. If you have questions, we encourage you to ask the lead guide. Many people are unsure of what is customary regarding gratuities for guiding services. Rates for trips do not include a gratuity for your guide.